Careers at the Genetics & IVF Institute
Career opportunities with the Genetics & IVF Institute: where you can make a difference for families.
FT Lab Technician-Fairfax, VA
Fairfax Cryobank, a division of the Genetics & IVF Institute, (www.fairfaxcryobank.com) has an opening for a full-time Laboratory Technician in our headquarters in Fairfax, VA. Fairfax Cryobank is an industry leader and the premier provider of human donor sperm and long-term storage of embryos, and sperm.
GIVF is seeking an extremely detail-oriented, organized, outgoing, and driven individual to:
- Perform semen analysis and cryopreservation of semen specimens
- Perform venipuncture for donor testing
- Assist with potential donor screen applications
- Work to maintain and manage the donor roster
- Complete specimen and testing data entry
- Maintenance of donor and semen depositor folders
- Participate in review and revision of SOPs
- Serve the local oncology community by cryopreserving specimens for men undergoing cancer treatments
- Work to maintain and monitor long term reproductive specimen storage program
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related science is required
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a good team player
- Experience in Andrology or related field is a huge plus
- Experience in cryopreservation is strongly desired
This is an excellent opportunity with potential for continual advancement within one of the world's largest integrated genetics and infertility companies. Extensive training will be provided. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Lab Tech-FFX on the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V
FT Cryobank Distribution Specialist- Fairfax, VA
Fairfax Cryobank, a division of the Genetics & IVF Institute, is looking for a FT energetic and unique individual to pick, pull and ship cryopreserved samples to clinics for use in infertility procedures. This is a great foundation for a career in reproductive health/ infertility and an exciting and engaging opportunity for anyone interested in excelling in the field of laboratory sciences.
This is an FDA-regulated facility, attention to detail is critical. A strong work ethic, ability to follow SOPs (written instructions) and a willingness to learn are required. Training will be provided.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Pick, pack and ship locally and by FedEx shipments
- Gather appropriate paperwork for out-going shipments
- Perform check in procedures for samples received from other laboratories
- Perform vial destruction tasks
- Monitor liquid nitrogen tanks
- Monitor inventory
- Assist in data entry of laboratory records
- Rotate weekly on call
- Perform additional duties/tasks as defined in the Standard Operating Procedures
Associates degree is preferred and 0-1 years (Related science or logistics experience) preferred. Candidate must be able to lift 35 lb. shipping containers on a daily basis and be comfortable working around large quantities of liquid nitrogen. Must be detail oriented, have great organizational skills along with the ability to multi-task and to lift/ move heavy weight.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to Cryobank Distribution Specialist in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V
FT Surrogate Program Manager-Remote/Hybrid
The Genetics & IVF Institute (GIVF) is an international healthcare organization known and trusted as a fully integrated, specialized provider of assisted reproductive treatments, cryobanking, and genetics services. GIVF’s Surrogacy program is seeking an experienced Surrogate Program Manager to work alongside the Director of the Surrogacy Program Growth and Engagement and become a key member of our new team. An ideal candidate is organized, detailed-oriented, responsive, thoughtful, self-directed, positive, compassionate, and motivated.
The Surrogate Program Manager will be an integral part of the development of the workflow and procedures of our surrogacy process. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Surrogate Program Manager will be the main point of contact for all surrogates from the first inquiry until the end of their journey.
- Manage the recruitment efforts and selection of surrogate candidates.
- Gather and review documentation to determine eligibility.
- Oversee insurance review by outside professionals.
- Facilitate record reviews by the medical professionals.
- Coordinate psychological screening appointments and clearance letters.
- Coordinate all aspects of the surrogate journey including travel arrangements for screening, clinic approval, and reimbursements.
- Work closely with the Director to facilitate the matching process.
- Aid in the efforts to make all surrogates feel comfortable and cared for.
- Provide information, support, and guidance to surrogates throughout the entire process.
- Facilitate communication with third-party professionals.
- Build and develop relationships within the community to promote our program.
- Follow up on contacts to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Initiate and manage outreach activities to increase engagement and recruitment of surrogate candidates, including participation in social media groups and in-person events.
- Organize and moderate surrogate group support meetings.
- Research, collect data, coordinate, and prepare reports.
- Complete a broad variety of tasks that facilitate the Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; designing, producing, or editing documentation, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists, and other projects as needed.
- Evaluate and assist in developing program policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as the organization grows.
- Facilitate content for the development and implementation of the data base and website, including intake applications for surrogates, helpful information for applicants, letters, forms, etc.
- Prepare a list of providers and update as needed.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Candidates must have at least three years of experience in assisted reproduction and surrogacy.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Technically savvy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and forward-thinking.
- Must be confident, diplomatic, and tactful in all interactions.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time and be able to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Able to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no oversight.
- Must take initiative to work independently and incorporate creative project approaches.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Working knowledge of the medical, insurance, and/or legal fields is preferred.
- Candidates who have completed their own surrogacy journeys are preferred.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a start-up organization and grow with the company.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Group Term Life insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Tuition Reimbursement and much more
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Remote work available/Hybrid if the applicant lives within 40 miles of Chevy Chase, Maryland
The Genetics & IVF Institute is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and note “SPM” on the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V
FT Primary Fertility Nurse-Fairfax, VA
The Genetics & IVF Institute (GIVF) is an international healthcare organization known and trusted as a fully integrated, specialized provider of assisted-reproductive treatments, cryobanking and genetics services. GIVF is seeking a FT Primary Fertility Nurse (PFN) to join our team at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
This candidate will be responsible for the care and management of IVF patients. Duties include, but are not limited to, the introduction and education of the reproductive program, management of patients throughout the IVF process, physician assistance and support and ensuring patient satisfaction to assist in the long-term growth and success of the practice. The Primary Care Nurse works in conjunction with a designated physician and reports directly to the IVF Nursing Director.
The candidate will also:
- Collaborate with fellow specialist nurses to provide information, support and advice for infertile couples and those seeking assisted conception.
- Be responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the highest standard of clinical care to meet the individual needs of patients.
- Work in conjunction with a designated physician to provide timed treatment plans for Ovulation Induction, Super Ovulation with Intrauterine Insemination, Donor Insemination and In Vitro Fertilization.
- Establish positive rapport with patients based on trust and mutual respect
- Provide compassionate patient care and timely patient communication
- Manage large portfolio of new, returning and existing patients
- Coordinate care for patients undergoing all types of fertility treatment
- Perform direct patient care duties as needed
- Provide patient education for patients undergoing treatment and surgical procedures
- Assess and manage pre- and post-op care for patients as needed
- Perform routine phlebotomy
- Administer medications as instructed
- Willingness to learn and perform intrauterine insemination techniques
- ASN or BSN from an accredited nursing school
- Active RN license in state of Virginia
- Minimum 1 year clinical PACU or similar experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year in women’s health preferred (infertility experience a plus)
- Current BLS required
- Knowledge of Medical Software (Citrix, HER, EPM)
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note PFN in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V
FT Lab Technician- Austin, TX
Fairfax Cryobank, a division of the Genetics & IVF Institute, is seeking a highly motivated and unique individual for the position of full-time Laboratory Technician for our Austin location. Ideal job candidate will possess strong organizational skills, good communication skills, exceptional dependability, strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn. Must be LGTBQX friendly, comfortable working with diverse clientele.
BA/BS in biology or related biological science is required. A minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience is preferred but not required. Experience in a laboratory environment would be advantageous. Fairfax Cryobank is headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia with offices in several states and provides donor semen to clinics worldwide, and offers semen freezing and storage for clients desiring to have their specimens cryopreserved for future use.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and refer to Austin Cryobank Lab Tech in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V