Careers at the Genetics & IVF Institute
Career opportunities with the Genetics & IVF Institute: where you can make a difference for families.
FT Lab Technician- Philadelphia, PA
For over 30 years, Fairfax Cryobank, a division of the Genetics & IVF Institute, has provided the highest quality donor sperm that has led to the creation of many happy healthy families. Fairfax Cryobank serves clients nationwide and around the globe.
We are seeking a full-time laboratory technician to work Monday through Friday and some Saturdays at our Philadelphia, PA location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing semen cryobanking for use in infertility procedures, shipping samples to clinics, and interacting with donors
- Candidate will also perform some administrative duties
- This is an FDA-regulated commercial sperm bank where attention to detail is critical
- A sense of humor, computer skills, strong work ethic, excellent command of written and spoken English, ability to follow written instructions, and a willingness to learn are mandatory
Training will be provided. This is a great foundation for a career in reproductive health/infertility.
Education and Qualifications
- Must have a BS in biology or related science
- A minimum of 1 year of bench experience is preferred
- Experience in a fertility related environment would be advantageous
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs as part of the daily shipping requirements and work in a team environment.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to Cryobank Lab Tech-Philly in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V