Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Also known as artificial insemination, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is one of the most commonly used assisted reproductive technologies to treat infertility. The IUI procedure is accomplished by first monitoring the woman’s cycle using ovulation predictor kits at home or ultrasound and blood tests in the office. Fertility medications are sometimes used to enhance ovulation.
At the time of ovulation, the male partner produces a semen specimen which is carefully prepared and gently inserted through the cervix into the uterine cavity. IUI is a simple, painless, in-office procedure. The IUI procedure allows the sperm to be placed in closer proximity to the egg as it descends from the ovary through the fallopian tube.
The Genetics & IVF Institute's IUI program provides you the following benefits:
- Morning monitoring (sonograms and blood draws) and insemination procedures are available 365 days of the year.
- Test results from blood drawn during daily morning monitoring hours are available the same day.
- Our on-site Andrology Laboratory is available to process semen samples 7 days a week.
GIVF offers additional services along with IUI to meet special needs:
- If donor sperm is needed, our on-site sperm bank, Fairfax Cryobank, provides a large selection of high quality, fully screened donor sperm. In fact, GIVF patients who choose donor sperm from Fairfax Cryobank will benefit from free shipping and handling, as well as same day delivery. GIVF and Fairfax Cryobank share a location, so patients choosing Fairfax Cryobank will enjoy the utmost in personalized service and fast Vial Buy Back service, if needed. Click here to learn more about Fairfax Cryobank.
- Pregnancy loss evaluation with our in-house Reproductive Genetics team.
If patients are unable to achieve ongoing pregnancies with IUI, GIVF offers other assisted reproductive technologies including in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and Donor Egg IVF.
Click here or call 800.552.4363 or 703.698.7355 to schedule a fertility consultation at GIVF.