History of Excellence
The Genetics & IVF Institute was the original American center to integrate high-technology infertility and genetic services. Our vast experience means that we can offer you an extraordinarily talented group of physicians and laboratory experts, some of whom are former faculty members at leading universities or the National Institutes of Health.
GIVF has been responsible for numerous key innovations to help patients have healthy babies and to improve the health of women. Achievements since our founding in 1984 include:
- the first U.S. center to introduce non-surgical ultrasound guided egg retrieval for IVF.
- achieved America's first frozen embryo twin birth.
- the first American center to publicly report pregnancies using ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection).
- the first to clinically test patients for certain mutations which are associated with hereditary breast cancer.
- developed the technique of non-surgical sperm aspiration for improved treatment of male infertility.
- the first in the world to initiate ovarian cryopreservation for patients with cancer.
- developed a method using preimplantation genetic testing for the prevention of Huntington disease.
- developed a highly important new sperm separation technique for preconceptual gender selection called MicroSort®.
Today, GIVF is continuing its pioneering work in infertility and genetics. The innovative techniques for egg vitrification (freezing) to freeze unfertilized eggs so that they can later be thawed and inseminated is now available (Personal Egg Banking™). Truly effective egg vitrification is a significant breakthrough in infertility treatment, allowing women to extend their fertility by freezing eggs when they are young for use when they are older.
You can have absolute confidence in your choice of GIVF. In fact, 95% of patients surveyed said they would recommend GIVF to their friends and family members (current as of July 7, 2011).
Please contact us by clicking here or calling 800.552.4363 or 703.698.7355 to experience the difference we can make in your life and that of your future family.